Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with Counties Hand Clinic, you become part of something very special. We strive to provide the best level of care in hand therapy service as possible to our patients. Counties Hand Clinic believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
The Role: Where you fit in
We are looking for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practising Certificate, NZ Registered Hand Therapist or has NZ Associate membership and working towards full registration. However, for the right candidate we would work with you to achieve the required standards and qualifications.
What does the day to day look like:
· Clinical assessments, diagnosis and treatment of patient finger/thumb/wrist/forearm or elbow.
· Wound dressings/removal of stitches.
· Oedema management.
· Massage and myofascial release.
· Scar management.
· Splinting and casting.
· Customised exercise programs.
· Pain management.
· Goal Setting.
· Patient education.
· Report and letter writing.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
· 5+ years’ experience in Hand Therapy. (Preferred)
· NZ Registered Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practising Certificate.
· NZ Registered Hand Therapist or has NZ Associate membership and working towards full registration.
· Completed post graduate study in Hand and Upper Limb including Basic and Advanced Splint training.
You will have the ability to:
· Demonstrate a holistic understanding of a person’s needs.
· Develop effective therapeutic relationships.
· Work independently with a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with the person, their family/whanau and the clinical team.
· Prioritise and plan your workload-based on the service needs.
· Advocate for the person and challenge discriminatory attitudes.
Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Counties Hand Clinic Team, you have the opportunity for flexible working arrangements (exact hours and days negotiable), and a supportive environment with mentoring and supervision to assist you in your ongoing career development.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly through seek.
021 895 742