Senior Hand Therapist Timaru
We support people in their communities to optimise health and live their best life.
Why should you work for us?
Our proven career pathways develop competent and passionate clinicians who genuinely make a difference in their client’s lives. High job satisfaction ensures we retain the best people, passing on their knowledge to the leaders of the future.
What can we do for you?
We are striving to be an employer of choice and proud of it. Our employees feel valued, supported to develop their careers and stimulated by the challenge to provide the best level of care across all services.
· Interesting and varied clinical work
· Opportunity to develop clinical skills in rehabilitation
· Clinical supervision will be provided
· Generous remuneration and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) allowance
· Opportunity to work within MDT
· Work/life balance and flexibility
What does the day to day look like?
Habit Group has a strong reputation for service excellence. Quality of care and best-practice are at the forefront of what we do. We are seeking a Hand Therapist to work with an amazing team of health professionals in Timaru.
This role is based in our Southern Rehab site in Timaru. Timaru is renowned for its Edwardian history and architecture, sport and leisure and is the base for major tournaments and events. You can visit Maori rock art, surf, mountain bike or snowboard – just a few of the bountiful options you could choose in a single day!
· Provision of hand therapy assessment and treatment including exercise prescription for clients referred to the service
· Liaising with other allied health team members and external providers
· Providing expert clinical documentation that reflects the clients' abilities, goals and best practice intervention for clients to move forward in their rehab journey.
· Supervision and mentoring of junior staff members
What do you need to apply?
· 5+ years’ experience in Hand Therapy
· Have experience and interest in supervision of junior staff members/students
· Motivated by a fast-paced and varied client caseload
· Be able to work independently, confident at liaising with surgeons, GP’s and external providers
· NZ Physio or OT registration and a current APC
· Membership with either PNZ or OTNZ
· Have full NZAHT registration
For more information on this role please contact APPLY NOW!for a confidential chat or click