· Location: Hutt Hospital
· Contract: Fixed-term, part-time (0.6 FTE) until September 2020
About the service
The Hand Therapy service provides assessment and treatment to clients referred to Hutt Valley DHB under Ministry of Health and ACC contracts. Treatment may be provided in an outpatient setting, specialist outpatient hand clinics or on the inpatient wards as required.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, registered Hand Therapist. This is an opportunity to be a part of a great team of hand therapists working closely with the Wellington Regional Plastics, Maxillofacial and Burns unit, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology. You will be working in an outpatient setting and oversee a varied caseload including acute trauma, post-surgical intervention and Ministry of Health clients, providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and rehabilitation service to clients referred with upper limb conditions.
This is an advanced clinical role. You will be required to:
· provide safe and clinically effective patient/client assessment and intervention with demonstration of advanced knowledge and skills to manage complex presentations
· provide day to day clinical leadership including providing clinical support and advice to others
· work closely with the team coordinator and professional lead on clinical assurance and quality activities
· promote professional practice based on best practice and research.
The position is fixed-term, part-time 0.6 FTE until September 2020 to cover parental leave.
Skills and experience:
· Strong communication skills written and verbal with clients and colleagues
· Clinical experience and advanced knowledge relevant to hand therapy
· Clinical leadership
· The integration of evidence and research into practice
You will need to be registered with the Physiotherapy Board NZ or Occupational Therapy Board NZ and have a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC). You will also need to be registered member of Hand Therapy NZ.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications.
How to apply
Please note: we are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please emailand indicate the vacancy number 9112753A-19 and job title in the subject line.