Hand Therapist – Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
Perm PT or FT
Melbourne Hand Therapy is one of Melbourne's largest clinics dedicated to the treatment of upper limb conditions. We are a progressive practice known for delivering excellent patient outcomes in a very supportive and close-knit team environment. Our therapists work closely with a team of Hand and Upper Limb Surgeons, Specialists and GP's. Our team is very stable with a low turnover, with many staff having worked for MHT for 10- 20 years; citing the company as being supportive, caring and offering exceptional care to patients.
This allows us to have therapists who have developed a reputation for their clinical expertise in particular specialty areas such as shoulder, complex wrists, wounds, post-operative care and also diagnosing and managing conservatively treated conditions. The successful applicant will have access to expert mentorship, a dynamic clinical environment, and full administrative support.
The position provides a Hand / Upper Limb Therapist with the opportunity to join a busy practice of highly skilled, supportive therapists and efficient administration staff.
The position will attract a HT wanting to further their skills and specialise in the area of upper limb rehabilitation. Professional development is actively promoted through mentoring opportunities and an annual CPD allowance. Further training and ongoing support will be provided, however post graduate hand therapy experience is preferred.
The blend of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Treatment of hand and upper limb conditions
· Creating treatment plans based on individual needs
· Work effectively and efficiently, directly with Surgeons
· Understanding and application of practice policies and procedures
Excellent working conditions with mentoring, supportive orientation, online clinical notes with automated letter writing. Full reception support is provided.
The successful candidate will have:
· Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy degree
· AHPRA membership
· Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience
· Professional indemnity insurance
· A passion for ongoing professional development for yourself and for others
· Exceptional eye for detail, organisational and time keeping skills
· Excellent communication skills and high standards of responsive patient care
Please refer to our website www.melbournehandtherapy.com.au for clinic locations.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.